School staff must wear masks. As with other businesses, all school staff and volunteers must wear face coverings unless it is unsafe to do so or where doing so would significantly interfere with the learning process.
• Facial coverings in the school setting are prohibited by law or regulation
• Facial coverings are in violation of documented industry standards
• Facial coverings are not advisable for health reasons
• Facial coverings are in violation of the school’s documented safety policies
• Facial coverings are not required when the staff works alone in an assigned work area
• There is a functional (practical) reason for a staff member or volunteer to not to wear a facial covering in the workplace.
(Schools must provide written justification to local health officials, upon request, explaining why a staff member
is not required to wear a facial covering in the school. At a minimum, facial coverings (masks) should be cloth/fabric and cover an individual’s nose, mouth, and chin.)